Friday, April 23, 2010

Transcend coffee. Pretty.


Transcend coffee. Pretty.
Originally uploaded by trippykel
I wrote a letter for the grandparents tonight, and thought I could re-use some of my typing here, since I don't feel like re-writing what's been going on when I've already written it all out so nicely...

We’ve been having some lovely spring weather here, often with a high of 15-20 degrees celsius. Which is amazing for here. I’ve managed to sneak out a few times once Cade goes to bed to do some yard work: clearing out the flower beds, moving some bulbs, and raking the yard. It's been great.

Cade has been growing up so quickly. He’s walking like a pro, running sometimes, and loves to chatter away at whoever will listen. He’s super friendly, and will smile at anyone who looks his way. He really loves other kids, and tries to give them hugs and trails around after them when he gets a chance. His favorite activities of late are taking everything out of cupboards, drawers, bins, and boxes. I do a lot of putting things back. We’ve just started to teach him about putting things away, and I get him to help me put toys in the toy box before bedtime. Cade also has two teeth (both in the front, one top and one bottom), and is working on the other front top tooth. I’m guessing it will be out in 2 or 3 days. He’s quite clingy when he’s teething, but is otherwise a really content and happy baby. Cade’s birthday is also coming up soon. Should be fun!

At the end of May J and I will be celebrating our anniversary. We're going to fly off to see the sights of San Francisco, sans-kid. We’re hoping to try surfing and visit the Maker Faire, a big showcase of all kinds of home-made things, from electronics to furniture to decorations and bikes. We want to check out the redwoods, too. Is there anywhere we shouldn't miss going while we're down there?

Mom and Dad are coming up for a week in June to help us with some framing, electrical, and drywall work in the basement. I’m hoping to hire a guy to come mud the basement, and get paint and carpet by fall so that we have a safe space for Cade to play inside as he grows. We get a lot of winter up here, and it should hopefully help with the cabin fever to have a bit more livable space in the house. At least that's the plan thus far!

No comments: