Friday, April 23, 2010

Jonny Lang


Jonny Lang
Originally uploaded by trippykel
Went to see Jonny Lang at the Jubilee in Edmonton with Maria. Fabulous. I really enjoyed the acoustic version of Lie To Me, and it was fun to see him improvising with Buddy Guy. It was a fun mix of a crowd, a lot of middle-aged men in either black tees and long hair, or in business wear. Maria and I spent the intermission taking stupid pictures of each other, which turned out to be great fun. We missed the tour bus by about a minute after the show. It would have been fun to get an autograph. Ah well, them's the breaks.

My weekend in good ol' E-town just flew by. I managed to visit with all the fam, catch the Jonny show, have a fabulous outdoor meal with Maria, let Cade to play with his little cousin, hit up the Duchess Bakery on 124th (a must-go-to-place), do some yard sale-ing (how the heck do you spell that properly?), catch the Transcend coffee house opening, and do a whole bunch of shopping - some clothes for Cade, fabric for a new duvet cover, and a new light fixture for our entryway. Though I have no idea how I'll install it, since we don't have a ladder that high.

All in all a great weekend. It was good to be home, though.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I have often wondered how to spell yard saling. I think your spelling is the best, and now I will adopt it. yard sale-ing. done and done. Good thing we're not doing an outdoor meal today...brrr.