Friday, April 30, 2010

Best design book I've read in ages.

I read the "more not so big solutions for your home" this evening. I took it out of the library today and only planned on skimming it, but ended up reading 90% of the copy as well. It had a ton of great ideas on how to use the space you have better, how to make rooms that feel 'too big' feel like the right size, and some great suggestions for trim & built-ins. Love it. I just might have to scrounge up the others in the series now, to see if they're as good!

This past week my favorite band, Hanson, has been playing their past 5 studio albums, one per night, at a club in New York. And streaming the shows, live, for the fans who can't travel there. I was impressed with the show I did watch, but sadly enough somehow forgot to tune in tonight to catch the new album. Which hasn't been released yet, so the preview would have been awesome. At least Maria said it was!

On the upside, I'll be checking out some yard sales with Jos in tomorrow's AM, which should be really fun. And to make it that much better, Jer will be watching Cade, so I won't have to drag a 1-year-old in and out of the car every 10 minutes. I'm really looking forward to it!

I booked our surfing lessons yesterday, for when we're in San Fran. It's made me really excited for the trip. Hopefully I can swim some before we go to work out those muscles so I'll be ready to hit the waves. I'm already nervous and excited, all in one!

No comments: