Tuesday, June 16, 2009

rambo cade


rambo cade
Originally uploaded by trippykel
The past few weeks have been full, but not overly busy, and not dull. I've gone to the church library a few times to restock the shelves, but haven't had a chance to stay and put out the new (donated) materials yet. It's harder to find a solid block of time now that Cade has made his entrance.

The photo to the right is from a little photoshoot Cade and I had at home this morning. I wanted to get a photo of him laying on a skateboard, as suggested by Kate, but it was just too tricky. I'd found a dark gray shirt to lay over the grip tape so he wouldn't get scratched, but he just fussed when I tried to position him on the board. His legs kept falling off, and he didn't want to face me. So nix that idea. But we still had fun with the ghetto bandanna I made, as well as a few with Jeremie's mini-skateboard and a few more traditional 'naked baby' photos. The ligting wasn't that great though. We might have to try again some other day.

Cade is chilling with me right now, laying on his nursing pillow between me and the keyboard. He needed some face time, and I wanted to type for a bit. It seems to be working out well.

Jeremie got sent out to work in Edson for a few days, so Cade and I were home alone last night. I missed Jeremie most when I went to bed. I seem to have gotten used to his breathing & warmth, and now the bed feels empty without him. He'll be gone next week for awhile too, for some training in the states. We'll have to see how single-parenthood goes.

I'm now on to my next craft for Cade's room. Previously I had made the crib bedding and modded his dresser and change table. Now I'm on to a mobile. I bought some embroidery hoops, spray paint, fishing line, paper lanterns, and some black/dark gray craft flowers from Michaels. I'm hoping to drill some holes, measure some line, and get it all put together sometime this week. We'll see how it goes - I'll be sure to post a picture of it when it's done!

No comments: