Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The family walk in the river bottom

We've started taking Cade out and about - the picture here is from a walk in the Simonette riverbottom. It was a lovely cloudy evening, and the only thing I can complain about is the mosquitoes. They were huge and way too common!

Cade is 8 weeks old tomorrow, and is starting to grow up! He's getting a nice bit of baby pudge, and now speaks to us in goos and gahs when we're with him. He's also become quite the smile pro, and makes my mostly unsentimental heart turn over with a few of them. He's also outgrown all his 0-3 month clothes, and is working hard on outgrowing the 6 month ones. It doesn't help that he has a huge cloth diaper butt, but c'est la vie!

Jeremie just spent 2 weeks away from home for work: the 15th to the 19th in Edson fixing some tools, then off to Houston from the 21st to the 27th for some extra training on fixing more tools. He's going to be a fixing pro soon! He brought me back a metal sherrif's badge for my dressup collection, and I'm quite enamored with it. Jer is very glad to be back home with Cade and myself, but didn't get much of a chance to relax since he had to work part of Sunday as well as attending church and having dinner at Justin and Bobbi's. He's going somewhere tonight (I forget where), so I really hope he doesn't have to work overtime tomorrow (Canada day). He could really use a day off.

I decided after the first week of Jeremie being gone that I didn't really feel like having another week at home alone with Cade, so after I dropped Jeremie off at the airport that sunday morning, I headed on the drive to Edmonton. It was a much different drive than usual, being that I usually drive straight through with a stop or two to pee and pick up some fast food. I can usually do the trip in 5 hours, my house to Erika's, in good weather. This time it took me 9 hours, due to a few naps and a feeding time for Cade. But we made it, safe and sound! The week was a pleasant whirlwind of activity: I managed to visit with Jesse and Sheleena, Jenna, Chuck and Erika, Maria, Melissa, and Coralie and Mike. I stayed at an extra room at Maria's place, and it worked out really well. Cade had the privilege of sleeping in a drawer. We did some fabric shopping, took a browse through Finesse furniture store (love some of their stuff!), tried to reupholster some chair cushions (the darn sewing machine wouldn't go through as many layers of thick material as we needed it to), and cooked a few fun meals. I definitely enjoyed the week, and Cade liked going out as much as we did.

Yesterday Noni came over to return a few of my jewelry display items that I'd lent her for her jewelry sale on chautauqua day, and we had a lovely chat. Chanelle, Cai, and Spyla stopped over to borrow some crazy dressup clothes for their photoshoot - they hired Dara, a professional photographer, to take shots of them for an hour as a birthday treat. I can't wait to see the pictures!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like your life is very full and pretty fun, Martha :). Glad to hear it.