Saturday, May 30, 2009

Stompede fun

Cade and I have been having a good week. Mom came on Sunday, and Dad and Maria joined us Friday morning. Mom's been a dream, helping with housework, baby tending, yardwork and gardening. I've gotten a chance to sleep more than I would have otherwise, as well as getting things done.

There was a baby shower for Cade on Tuesday night, and I was blown away at how many people came to wish us well. The showering us with baby clothes didn't hurt either. The shower was put together by Joselyn and Britt, and they did a wonderful job - fun games, great snacks (you should have seen the cake!), and a little bit of serious advice to round out the evening.

Last night Jer suggested we hit up the Stompede fair, so Dad, Maria and I joined him on a trip to the Midway. Mom volunteered to watch Cade, so we got a chance to go on some rides. I was quite thrilled with this, since it's been quite a few years since I've gone on any rides. Maria bought mini-donuts, I took horrible pictures with my old camera, and we had a blast in general. Jeremie was happy with his LED fan that he bought, so things were pretty great all around.

Today will be photo day, maybe some games in the evening, then everyone heads out early tomorrow morning. I'll miss the help, but it will be nice to be the three of us again, at the same time.

No comments: