Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cade and grandmama


Cade and grandmama
Originally uploaded by trippykel
Grandmama (Mom to me) and Grandpapa (Dad) were here this weekend to visit Cade, along with Uncle Jesse and Aunt Sheleena. We were really glad to see the family again, and had a good time catching up and enjoying baby-ness. Mom spent her weekend either cooking for us all, or holding Cade. She just couldn't get enough of him! I didn't mind at all, since it gave me a break - I only had to feed him and pass him off. I think he might have gotten a bit spoiled over the weekend though, since he seems to want to be held more now. Funny kid.

We managed to get in the traditional family game of bocce ball, as well as several rounds of Dice and one of the Farming Game. I feel a bit bad to say I cleaned up at both Dice and Farmer, and perhaps I should have tried less to win, so that our guests could. I'm a bit too competitive for my own good!

And, as lovely as it was to see the family, it was also nice to have the day to myself to do a few chores, finish off a book, and nap without feeling like I'm missing out on what else is going on. I think it will be just about right to have this week to ourselves, then have a week with my family next week. I need a bit of a break between.

I hadn't realized how much time a baby takes up when you go out, but definitely noticed it this evening - I went to the library, got the mail, and returned a movie in about 20 minutes. There was no prep, no diaper-bag checking, no car-seat buckling or baby settling. Just get up and go! I might find myself doing evening shopping more often as Cade gets older, so that I can just leave him with Jeremie.

We've now hit the start of the baby gifts: Mom B made Cade a blanket to play on, Nana B made him a quilt, Maria sent an awesome onesie and soother holder, Jesse and Sheleena got him a toy, Jenna got him a really cute sleeper, Nick gave him a teddy, his first hot wheels car, and some much-needed diapers... the list just seems to go on. It's been really nice though, we're thankful for all the wonderful people who have been so willing to share with us! Next week Tuesday is Cade's shower at church, which I'm starting to look forward to - it gives me another chance to show the little munchkin off!

No non-baby news today. Maybe another time :)

No comments: