Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cade's first picnic


Cade's first picnic
Originally uploaded by trippykel
My life has become baby stuff. It's funny how fast that happened. But between feeding every 2-4 hours, plus catching up on my sleep, that's about all I have time for.

Britt's been really great lately, helping out and being great company. Today she and her sister Hayley brought Jovi over to our back yard for a picnic lunch with Cade. It was good to hang out with a few adults, as well as getting out of the house and getting some sun. I had a chance to try out the bug screen for Cade's car seat we were given, and it works great! Note the picnic-ish blanket on Cade. We were totally prepared!

This weekend is looking to be a good one: Jeremie's parents are flying in for the weekend, so they'll be here Friday afternoon and stay until Monday afternoon. It will be great to see them, and they're quite excited to meet Cade. Plus Mom is doing all the grocery shopping and cooking, so I won't be worn out - I'm hugely thankful for that. Jesse and Sheleena will also be by for a few days this weekend. I'm sure we'll end up talking kids a lot of the weekend, especially since Sheleena is pregnant!

Heather and Dan are getting married on Saturday, so Jeremie and I are going to sneak away for the wedding service at least, which will be good. They're great together, and I'm really happy for them.

My mom and dad are currently arranging to be here for the last week of May to help out as well. I love getting to see so much of our family!

No comments: