Thursday, May 29, 2008

This week


The Crowd @ YC
Originally uploaded by trippykel
The past week has been an interesting schmoz. Friday in the wee hours (8am ;) J and I got up, packed up, and headed out. We followed a big yellow school bus to YC 2008. It was a massive mayhem-ey type event, with many bands and many more young people. Bands I saw, at least in passing: Newsboys (classic), TFK (one song), Grits(too crowded to stay, but I've seen them live before - good), Nevertheless (thumbs up), Papa San (good reggae beat), Hawk Nelson (not so good live), and more I'm sure I'll remember in about 10 minutes.

Weekend hilights: chinatown & dinner there with Heather, girls getting ready in the hotel room together, late night pizza, ultra-fatigue, soaking our feet in the hot tub, the mish-mash of people, Reggie Dabb's great talks, praying with Spyla, checking out my amazing leg muscles (courtesy of sitting in the nosebleeds all weekend)...

Our anniversary was this week, so J and I took Monday off. We stayed at the Metterra on Whyte for old times' sake, then went CD shopping in the morning, had breakfast bagels at the Friends Nest Eatery - a reccomended place to grab some eats. We stopped by work so I could drop a few things off, then headed out on the Henday to go home. When we got to the North East end of the city, our transmission quit.

Thus, my week in lovely E-town. Chuck & Erika were happy to have us crash in their guest room. J took the greyhound home yesterday so he could work. I chatted with my boss & got this week off, so I'll work Mon-Thurs next week to make up the time. The question remains: what is there to do in Clareview?

Yesterday I took the bus to stop by the auto shop & pick up my phone charger. Who knew that it would take a whole afternoon to run an errand like that? Most of the time was spent on the bus, though I did stop by the TWOS to visit with Alby for a half hour or so. It was good to catch up a bit with her! I also got my Employee of the Month award from about two years ago, included was a Keg gift card. Guess what Erika and I did for dinner? We also did some intense thrift shopping to see if we could find jeans for Erika. No luck on anything she liked enough to buy!

I'll be home sometime this weekend - between Friday and Sunday. As usual, everything is up in the air!

No comments: