Monday, November 30, 2009

the centerpiece


the centerpiece
Originally uploaded by trippykel
I just realized that it's been a very long time since I blogged. Let's see what's been new in the past few weeks...

The ladies' Christmas Tea went off really well. The dessert was great, the speaker funny, and the company superb. Plus, I looked amazing. Gotta love it when that happens. My tree turned out ok, lots of papercraft / kids craft stuff, so it was more 'cute' than anticipated. But it worked, and was a nice change from all the elegant trees around it. I'm still really happy with my centrepiece. And now that I mention the centerpiece, bah humbug. Because I forgot to pick it up this evening when I took down the tree and brought it home. I guess I'll just have to go back tomorrow.

I strung multicolored lights across the railing of our front deck, and am quite happy with the festive air it adds to the drive-by factor. I like it. We'll get around to putting up the Christmas tree one evening this week, and then we'll be all decked out (we don't have boughs of holly, though) for Christmas. Bravo.

Cade got his 6 month shots today, and took them incredibly well. He had two shots and only cried for one of them, for a minute or so. He then went back to being his happy self. He's such a fabulous little kid. We stayed in town after the shots to get some Christmas and birthday shopping done. I also bought new ink for our photo printer ($45, ouch!) and foam corners for our sharp coffee table, since Cade has already had one unfortunate bump to the head in our living room.

I'm heading out Thursday night to see Twilight with the girls for Jos' birthday, and we're going to eat out dinner as well - I always love girls' night out. Can't wait!

No comments: