Friday, October 2, 2009

I'm an aunt!


I'm an aunt!
Originally uploaded by trippykel
Cade and I had a good time in Edmonton last week. We drove down Monday, and spent Tuesday during the day on hair, makeup, and modelling rehearsals (thanks Sheleena, for watching Cade!). In the evening I tried out my first modelling gig, I got to catwalk 3 outfits for a local designer. It was all official-feeling, with photographers at the end of the runway, people staring from all sides... Erika came to watch me. It was way more scary than I'd thought: I'd assumed I'd just saunter around and out, but was nervous and spent most of it trying to remember how to walk and pose 'properly'. Aah well, it was fun for something new to try.

Thursday we did a photoshoot with Sheleena to capture her very pregnant belly, and Friday night I headed over to Maria's to spend the next few nights there. It all worked out pretty well, and we even managed to see my new niece Monday morning before we left, although she wasn't due for another two weeks.

This week at home has been mostly catching up: getting the mounds of laundry done (everything and its cat was dirty from our trip), cleaning up, and getting back to more regular sleep schedules. That last one is still a work in progress.

I'll be off shortly to buy Cade a red sleeper and me some tights and a shirt: tonight is Pixar night at youth group, and everyone dresses up as their favorite Pixar character. I'm definitely going with Cade as the Incredibles. He can be Jak-Jak, though he doesn't have enough hair for that sweet little mohawk.

Tomorrow night is girls' movie night at Jessica's, which should be fun too. Lots to look forward to. Oh, and my birthday is only a week and a half away. Yay me!

No comments: