Thursday, August 6, 2009

Jeremie at the beach


Jeremie at the beach
Originally uploaded by trippykel
Jeremie, Cade and I headed out last night to check out some local sights. We walked around Pipestone Creek, then hit up Saskatoon Island Provincial Park on the way home. The creek had an amazing amount of good skipping rocks, and Jeremie got a few good skips in. I didn't try it, using Cade as my excuse - it's hard to skip rocks while wearing a baby. But I'm pretty bad at rock skipping, too, so it wasn't a huge loss.

Saskatoon Island Park had a ton of new playground equipment, a kids' bmx track, a few beach volleyball courts, and some nice picnic spots - I can see us going back there sometime for an afternoon outing. Maybe with Maria, next time she comes up, since she's such a volleyball girl.

Today also happens to be Cade's 3-month birthday, so we're going in to get his 3-month checkup done. He's growing well and is a pretty contented baby. We're happy to have him around!

We're looking forward to camping in Jasper this weekend with my family - it'll be great to see them all, and I'm sure they'll love to see how Cade is growing up. It'll be the first time that Grandma Jetty and Grandpa Bill (now great-grandparents) get to see him, so that's pretty exciting too. We'll have to see how tenting with a baby goes. I'm glad that the forecast is for sun and highs of around 22, lows of around 10. The days won't be too hot for Cade, we'll see if the nights are too cool.

I'm going to try to finish off the apron for Maria today, I'll post a picture when I do!

No comments: