Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A post with no photo

This is my first post in a long time without a photo, but I don't have any handily-uploaded ones ready to share!

Working at the butcher shop has turned out pretty good, as long as I don't consider the sore feet. The time passes quickly, it's only a 5 minute drive to work, and I got to have Thanksgiving weekend off. How can that be bad?

I turned the big 2 8 this past Friday. It was pretty low-key, just dinner and a movie with Jer. It was hard to get a good crowd together on Thanksgiving weekend, so I've postponed the life-sized clue nite. I got 3 birthday cards today, which were really nice. Thanks to grandma & grandpa, mom & dad, and C&E! Jeremie gave me a trick gift - I opened a box to find oven mitts. I was a bit disappointed (but trying to hide it, of course) when I felt something heavy in one of them. It was an ipod! I've wanted a real ipod forever, but haven't bought one due to the cost. Yay for husbands who get great deals!

Still no word on what's up with Christmas vacation. We'll see if Jeremie gets it off, or if I'll just have a week to slouch around the house by myself. That sounds fabulous right now, I'm exhausted. I got home from work & found a message on the machine, apparently there's a diesel fuel crisis starting here & there's a chance the grocery trucks won't be getting through, so he wanted me to stock up on imperishables. I drove into the city, bought a big bill's worth of food, and got home just in time to unpack and throw dinner together for company. I've been on the go for about 14 hours, now. It feels like a long day to me!

Here's to hoping all is well with you and yours!

No comments: