Monday, September 22, 2008

Like a big pizza pie


the game
Originally uploaded by trippykel
This past weekend has been good. I remembered on Friday afternoon that I've volunteered to help with Friday night youth until Christmas, so I showed up at 6:00 to head out to the Starfield show in GP. It turned out to be more of a worship service than a concert, but it was well-done and the youth seemed to have a good time. Score.

Robin came over Saturday at 1, we had a lovely chat for a few hours and then headed out to watch Dayton's football game. He'd asked in passing if I was coming to the game, so I'd said yes.. since the field is right behind our yard. Robin and I stayed for the first half of the game, and spent most of our time chatting and playing with J's camera. It was a good, relaxing time. We also ran into Jenaeya, and found out she's going to NAIT to become a mechanic. And she loves it. I'm so glad she found something she likes to do!

Sunday I was all in a scurry, thinking that I had to make a presentation at church about how the Oasis went this summer. Of course, I remembered this about half an hour before church. So I wrote up a speech, slid into my seat a few minutes late, only to find that I wasn't asked to come up. Ah well, the prep will stand me in good stead next week. Jeremie and I spent Sunday afternoon playing Tales of Visperia, a manga video game. Jeremie had rented it earlier in the week, saying that he rented it for 'us', so I figured I should try playing it. It didn't enthrall me, but I do like playing it well enough to do so. Which is good.

Today I'm off to get groceries, and hopefully clean the house/do some laundry when I get home. It all needs to be done at some point, and I did a whole lot of nothing last week while I was recovering from my cold.

Onward and inward!

No comments: