Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Garage Sale Stuff


Garage Sale Stuff
Originally uploaded by trippykel
Last weekend was the Town Garage Sale.

It was great.

Hectic, busy, and great.

I was up at the crack of dawn. Well, 8am. I couldn't sleep the night before, so I spent some midnight hours making up tags with my name and cell number on them, measuring the spare room, and writing lists of what I wanted to get.

What was on my list:
- crib & change table
- double bed for guest room
- bike
- rug for the basement

What we bought:
- crib, change table, and dresser. All 90s beige wood.
- double bed (frame & mattresses) for the guest room
- rug for the basement. An 8 foot rug for $2, what a steal!
- Baby monitor, blankets, crib bumper
- Payday. I've been looking for this for ages! and Barrel of Monkeys
- the 3 Star Wars movies on DVD
- some smashing 60s dining room chairs to reupholster
- Electric staple gun, to help with my reupholstering

We did find a few bikes, but it turns out Britt was given an extra bike that I might be able to have! We also found a baby jogger/stroller/bike thing and golf clubs for her, so she wasn't left out.

We had fun trying to find the bargains and running around town. Britt had wanted to hit every garage sale, but there were just too many! We shopped from 9-2, and then called it a day.

My favorite thing about all the new stuff we got is that I get to mod it all up for our house! The bed frame needs paint, since I'm not a fan of the brass/gold look. We're thinking black. Chairs to reupholster, bedspreads to buy, room paint to plan... it's great! I'll have weeks or months worth of fun projects from this!

No comments: