Monday, April 14, 2008

Home sweet Home


home sweet home
Originally uploaded by trippykel
My sister said I should blog more often. Life has been hectic, but it doesn't feel like there's that much to say. Things are going pretty well: I'm looking forward to paying off my car, which we're planning on doing this month. Then it's new tires, repairs, and then my car will be good to go for the next while. Vehicles sure do gouge the pocketbook!

This past Friday night was girls' Glam Karaoke Nite at youth. It was a rocking time. We set up my PS2 with some karaoke revolution on the big screen/sound system at church, threw up some balloons, made a hairdressing station, and lots of fancy treats. We all had a blast, which I'm glad of. When you're planning something, you always want it to go well!

I went out with Lindy the other Saturday to catch up, and we spent several hours painting ceramics. I didn't think that it was something I'd enjoy, but I did. Quite. We now have a hand-painted lawn gnome named Jerome.

J is now 26, and we celebrated his birthday with a nice stroll through town, a rented movie, and some steaks on the barbecue. Mmm, steak.

Wendesday evening found us having dinner with Cam & Joss, then us ladies took off so the men could have their guys' nite. Joss & I power-walked to her sister's place, then through their neighborhood. By the time we got to main street I was exhausted, and skipped out on their jog through the ritzy neighborhood. I instead took a liesurelty stroll to get a fro-yo (haha, so oldskool) , checked out the hours of operation at a local diner, and hung out around the skatepark 'til they were done. There's nothing like hanging out with someone fit to show you that you're not!

Ciao for now!

No comments: