Friday, October 5, 2007

Thanksgiving!


2. bbq
Originally uploaded by trippykel
I'm so excited for the family to come for thanksgiving - I don't' have to wait too much longer! Mom said they'd be in around 2 or 3 am (it's a long drive, about 12 hours) and so I have time to kill!

This photo is from tonight's youth event, Bigger and Better. Where we go to your door, and ask you if you'll trade us for something bigger or better than what we've got. And keep going until time's up! I thought we would for sure win when we went toothpick > ceiling fan > barbecue > deck chairs > twin bed frames. But no - we were foiled by the group who traded their couch for a car! It's pure and utter craziness, that's what it is.

Mom, Dad, Erika and Chuck are driving up tonight and staying until Monday. It will be so good to see everyone again! I haven't seen Mom and Dad in at least 4-5 months, and it'll be their first time seeing our new home.

We're also planning a huge turkey dinner with the works: gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, candied yams, pickled carrots, homemade cranberry sauce, salad, and pie! It's a group effort, with everyone bringing something. And oh, am I looking forward to that gravy!

I received a package couriered to us in J's name. I opened it, paused while reading the manifest, and stopped. My birthday is next week, and I suspect that it might be something for me! I love surprises too much to ruin it.

Speaking of my birthday... next week I turn 27. It's funny how fast the time flies! Britt and I have been scheming together to come up with something good, at least since the spa party we were at two nights ago. We're throwing a luau-murder mystery-fondue party at her place, and it's going to be great!

And there's only 26 days until I start the trek to California with some buddies for 5 Hanson concerts!

*dances*

2 comments:

Maria said...

Happy birthday sissa, three days late. Hope you got the card. I was so bummed I couldn't be with the rest of the family for Thanksgiving. :( I was quite sad actually. We never get all together as a family for thanksgiving. Anyway, tell me about the birthday! Was it all you hoped it would be? Much love.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated! 27 sounds like a good age - I hope you enjoy it thoroughly. I want an excuse to come visit. I know we didn't hang out terribly frequently, but I miss you.