Friday, April 13, 2007

Moving and the like

First of all: I've had several lovely days since last weekend that I was excited to blog about, but this is honestly the first time in over a week that Blogger has let me sign in. The signin from the homepage doesn't even show up half the time when I click on the link, and when I try to go to a login page Blogger times out. I'm quite sad about that.

In other news...

It's official. We're moving to Grande Prairie.

The signs: - I've started asking for extra boxes when I go shopping - A clandestine visit to a mortgage broker - I now know how to spell mortgage properly - I went grocery shopping in an effort to find food to mix n match what we have (to clear out our freezer) - J is home viewing to find a good place - All our local friends are unimpressed - Our living room is becoming a cardboard haven

We're moving sometime in May, though we haven't really figured out when: it depends on when we get posession of our house. Jeremie is hanging out (slash working) up north and looking for a house (our first, so exciting!) while I kick around home thinking about closing accounts, changing addresses, and packing.

We're both looking forward to the move. J gets a better work environment (same company, different location) and a nice raise, while I get to decorate our first home and have an office at the house. I'll be keeping my job, and will be working from home on a trial basis while my employer and I see how it goes.

The downside is, most obviously, our friends and family that we'll be leaving (or moving further from). We're going to miss everyone we've gotten to know, but don't worry: we'll have a guest room open for anyone who's in town!

No comments: