Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cade's first haircut


Cade's first haircut
Originally uploaded by trippykel
Cade got his first haircut this week, since the back was getting all scraggly and hard to keep tidy. I buzzed it all to about 1/2" except for the top, which I left long. It just wouldn't be Cade without that almost faux-hawk.

I'm supremely relieved and pleased to say that my work in the basement bathroom is now done. The shower was ripped out, drywall reinstalled, mudded, taped, the bathroom painted, shower reinstalled and siliconed up the wazoo, new hardware put up. I think that's about it. Now I just have to wait for the silicone in the shower to dry, and then it'll be ready to use again. Lovely.

The painting in the basement is coming along nicely. I have one wall and touch-ups left to do. After that I'm on to the stairwell. And then, possibly, trim. Depending on if we decide to stay here or not.

Jer found a posting for his dream job (building robots, what else) at Solarbotics in Calgary. He's applying and will probably have some sort of interview at the end of August. If he gets the job, and it pays enough for us to live on (with or without me getting a job, if necessary) we'll be moving to somewhere around Calgary. It's fun to think about moving and trying on a different lifestyle, whether it happens or not. The biggest challenges will probably be finding a home we can afford, and selling this one (it's a darn slow-moving house market right now).

That's all for now, folks!

No comments: