Thursday, May 20, 2010

My pears!


My pears!
Originally uploaded by trippykel
It's been a bit too long since my last post. A lot has happened! I've been wanting to creative it up the past while, and have done two paintings and sewn a new duvet cover for our bed which I'm absolutely in love with.

The painting shown here is the first one, of pears. It's the first painting from my Intermediate Oil Painting class. The next is a rooster, which is currently drying downstairs. I'll want to do a few touch-ups, and then can share it with you as well. I'm really happy with how my paintings have been turning out.

Yard Sale day was great, as expected. I didn't really buy that much - just several different toys for Cade, since he grew out of his old ones, and some face wash and such from a BeautiControl host who was selling out all her product for really cheap. I just love going around and looking at possibilities in everyone's stuff, regardless of how much or little you actually take home.

Jer went to the Western Canadian Robot Games last weekend, and won 1st in the innovation category for his metal-detecting robot, built out of an Xbox case. You can check out his youtube if you want to see more.

I got my hair cut recently, it's now short and platinum blonde, with bubblegum pink parts. It's cute and girly, and I'm really loving it.

Today is the 'get everything done before we leave' day. I'm doing laundry and dishes, vacuumed, am working on a 'baby manual' for Cade, who's staying here with Jer's mom while we take off for a week. It's fun to go on a trip, but sometimes it's a lot of work before and after to get ready!

We also went to check out Spring Lake the other day. It's pretty enough, but had some really bumpy gravel roads to get there and not too much in the way of amenities. I don't think we'll head back there, but it was still fun to go check out somewhere local that we hadn't been to before.

Anyway, I'm off to pack my suitcase and get ready to go!

No comments: