Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The first dance


The first dance
Originally uploaded by trippykel
This past little while has been busy, but good! We spent this past weekend staying with Jesse & Sheleena in Edmonton: Mom & Dad B were there too, so we got the full family together, which was great! We all attended Jill Sparling's wedding, and were glad that the event went off so well - almost wtihout a hitch! The couple looks really happy together, and I was very impressed with their print materials - invitations, programs, photos on the favor boxes, guest book, and seating chart - Nice font, well laid-out and printed. It added that extra touch of class. I also loved that the reception was in the penthouse ballroom of a hotel downtown - it means that we got a fabulous view of the city as a backdrop for the event.

I did some glasses shopping while in E-town, and ended ordering with a pair of ridiculously expensive frames (at 40% off, or I wouldn't have gotten them at all) that were still at the point where I debated them for quite awhile before deciding to buy them. But I didn't find anything else that I liked half so well. I'll get them in a month or so, and will be sure to post photos!

While in E-town, the family went for a swim at Mill Woods Wave Pool - except for J, who was off skating the new park with Nick. Cade had his first swimming experience, and seemed to be okay with it - not a lot of smiles, but no complaining either - kind of like how he acts in the bath. Hopefully he'll get to like swimming more and more, since I love it so much - I'd like to keep going as our family grows.

There are several movies I'd like to see, and it's hard to choose what to see first. I hear the Star Trek movie is amazing, and I'm also looking forward to the new Harry Potter show. And I also want to see 17 Again, though that one probably on a cheap day or matinee or something of the sort.

I made barbecued chicken last night, for the first time ever, and fell in love with it. I often am not a big fan of chicken, just because it's so bland. But with this marinade.. mmm, mmm good. Check it out here: http://www.boulianne.net/recipes/?id=111

We're almost completely out of fresh groceries. That's on my to-do list for Friday, when I go into town to get Cade his 2-month shots. It's the first set, we'll have to see how it goes!

I'm also looking forward to camping in Jasper in August with the Snip side of the fam. Can't wait!

No comments: