Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cade smiles a lot now-a-days

I wrote a lovely long letter to Aunt Tena, and it was so nice and newsy that I thought I'd post some bits of it here!

Things are going really well here. Jeremie’s work has cut back to more regular hours for the next bit, so he’s often home by 6:30 or 7pm instead of 10-11pm, which is a nice treat. It lets both Cade and I see him more, as well as letting him get a bit more downtime.

Cade is growing like a weed: he is at about 15 lbs and 24 inches, at 2 ½ months old. It’s great to know that he’s eating well and growing like children should. He now ‘talks’ to us a lot, smiles a lot, and enjoys being propped up so he can see the world. He’s a wiggly boy, always ready to try something new and fun. He really is enjoying playing in his exosaucer, as he can sit up on his own in it, and turn around to see whatever he wants to see. We do have a bit of a routine by now: Cade falls asleep around midnight (trying earlier doesn’t work, but I don’t mind), feeds around 5am and 8am (and sometimes once more), and we get up somewhere between 9 and 11am, depending on how tired I am. He’s awake until after lunch, and takes about an hours’ nap then. We go out or get things done around the house in the afternoon, and take a nap around 5pm. We nap until 6 or 7, usually when Jeremie gets home. Then it’s dinner time, and Cade is awake until bedtime. He’s mostly a content baby, and likes to play on his own for half-hour stints before he needs some company, so I am able to get a bit of this and that done around the house between caring for him. He likes going places, and so we go shopping together or visit friends several times a week.

I took over as the church librarian this past April, as the past librarian felt like she needed a break and was looking for someone new. I’ve had a lot of fun rearranging the library and updating the displays, and ordering new products – fiction books, bible CDs, some Christian movies, and children’s materials as well as the more traditional bible study materials. Jeremie watched Cade for me last night for a few hours while I went over to the church to put books away and add some new materials to the shelves. I always love to add new and great things for people to check out!

I’ve also been sewing a bit more than usual lately, and am now starting on some fun aprons for Maria and I.

I still also have fun designing some graphics for the fronts of t-shirts, and have been making a few more of those lately as well (check out my new Twilight shop on cafepress :). I’ve found that I can nurse Cade at the computer by propping him up on my nursing pillow and the desk. We both like it, since I don’t get so bored and he gets to stay with me longer while I work. I’ll have to enjoy this while it lasts, because once he starts crawling I don’t think he’ll just want to sit with Mom anymore!

My garden is doing really well, and I can no longer find the rows in my potato and kale patches – we had a good several days with rain last week, and the garden sure appreciated it! It’s not often that we get a lot of rain in a row, so we’re thankful that we did.

No comments: