Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Weekend


chataqua 010
Originally uploaded by trippykel
A quick rundown of recent events:

Saturday was Chautauqua Day, the town's annual parade/fair type thing. It was a good day for it - not too hot, and no rain! The pancake breakfast was fabulous. I watched the parade with Shelley and Jon, then walked down Main street to find that our youth group was doing a Smokie Stand. I joined in to help. Around 1:30 I snuck off to take photos at the Skate Comp, and stayed until it wrapped up. Then J and I went skateboarding at the park, with the local old-boys skate crew (a bunch of 20-somethings who used to skateboard, and are trying to again). Evening was Wok Box and movies with Jer and Britt. And Jovi, can't forget her!

Sunday was a community service across from main street, and another barbecue. Then we snuck off to skateboard at the park. Afternoon featured a soccer game at the Duecks' before J and I stole off home to take a nap. Mmm, naps.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping, got new tires for my car, and generally enjoyed my day off. Went to the skatepark with Jeremie again. I'd like to say that I'm getting better, but only time will tell! I did manage to fall really well (or not well, depending on your point of view) and bruise up my hip and wrist. Oh well.

Tonight Chris and Maria are coming for dinner, Wednesday is a barbecue in the park. Thursday is my long-delayed ultrasound and skateboarding with Anakate. Friday is youth. Hooray for a full life!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Wow. You are one busy chica. And it sounds like you're having a blast! Man, part of me wishes I lived in Sexsmith. You know, brutal winters, middle of nowhere, northern Alberta. Oh wait, maybe I don't. :)