Friday, May 11, 2007

Updates on the moving process and such

I've had a great week of it. Friday night I packed. Saturday and Sunday I packed with Jeremie. Monday I worked, then packed with Julianna. Tuesday was work and packing with Sheleena, Wednesday was work and packing with Mandy and Michael. I will be very glad when this is over!
 
On the upside, I got off of work early yesterday to pick Mom up from the airport. We had a grand old chat, walked Whyte, and had some great (as usual) dinner at Chianti. We then spent the rest of the night swapping photos since Mom has her work laptop with her. She downloaded some of mine to her laptop, and showed me pictures of England on her lovely Picasa. By the way, after using/seeing Picasa, I highly reccommend the product to anyone who knows how to use a computer but isn't a pro and wants an easy tool to organize, crop/color fix and view photos. It's great.
 
Mom and I had some good girl chat before falling asleep in our sleep over. This morning we booked a hotel for her and Dad, then promptly cancelled the booking - they can stay here the night, since Jeremie's not here we have a bit of room.
 
I really hope the U-haul rep calls me today! I booked online about a month ago, and they're supposed to call you by 5pm the day before your booking to arrange things. It makes me nervous!
 
On the upside, Jeremie has the day off and we get posession of our house at noon. So he'll be lazing around Grande Prairie, snapping pictures of the house and moving his baggage there from the hotel. He flies back to Edmonton on Saturday morning to help pack the U-haul, and then will drive it back up to Grande Prairie with me.
 
Sounds like fun, no?

2 comments:

Andrew said...

sounds crazy busy! I really wish i could be there to help you guys pack, but alas, family must come first. Have a grand time packing a good ole U-Haul!

-Andrew

Martha said...

The u-haul packing was a good time, I really enjoyed it! Thanks for the bonne chance!