Monday, May 28, 2007

Pies.


Alby and I went out for a random dinner this evening - we went downtown until we walked by a dinner shop that was open and appealing (the Old Spaghetti Factory) and had a lovely meal. This was followed by ice cream and a movie - the Waitress.


I'm not sure what I thought of the movie. It was well written and acted, but I went in expecting to see a fairly typical chick flick. The movie had several affairs revolving throughout the plot, which was hard to like (they wreck a lot of lives). But at the same time the movie was about finding out what life is about and sharing in life. Mixed reviews. One thing I did like, however, was all the lovely creative pies that were made throughout the movie. All with crazy names like Chocolate Rumble in my Tummy Pie and each one looked tasty and creamy and amazing as it was made.


And I was with Alby the chocolate connoiseur.


Needless to say, we went to Save On Foods afterwards to find ingredients for our own pie creation - whipping cream, shells, strawberries, and cherries. At Alby's we made the whipping cream into a mousse with some Belgian chocolate Alby had laying around (very true, very Alby) and chatted while we sliced and pitted and folded and whipped. The pies looked fantastic going into the oven.


And then I went home to bed. Alby is bringing me a pie tomorrow. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Hey Mar!

That sounds like an awesome time. I am quite envious that you get a pie tomorrow, that would be wonderful!

-Andrew